About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Finished WIP w/ dimensions




I have gotten so caught up in the Crochetville chat that I have neglected to share things here. I have finished my 3strand ghan. It turned out really nice. Big enough for two people and very warm.
ch 100 with N hook and 3 strands of yarn at all times. Those were my dimensions. Then I just dc in 4th ch from hook and away we go. I made it so that it was just taller than me (5'1"). I didn't care what I put in there. I mixed it all.
I think I'll probably be making one or two more depending on how my stash holds out. One more for sure. I really went through alot of yarn on this first one.
Currently I am working on my mother in laws birthday gift. I know she doesn't read my blog so I'll share a picture of one I already made and then hers in progress. They are made with Lion Suede. The book is Lion Brand "Just Bags". There is knitting, crocheting, felting. Purses with handles, purses without handles...the list goes on and on. I have only made the "messenger bag" from it. The kids want to give it to her early so she can use it while they are at the Mall of America this weekend. Gma and Gpa are taking the 5 oldest grandkids there and to a hotel with an indoor water park. This was their Christmas gift to them. They are giving them each $100 to spend at the Mall, so I'm sure this is going to be a really good time for them!
BUT Mommy and Daddy decided to put the dogs at the 'puppy hotel' in town here and go away for a few days ourselves! So we are going to go about an hour from here and we have a whirlpool suite waiting for us. I plan on sleeping in and using the whirlpool alot. Tony and I don't ever get away by ourselves, theres always some reason...don't have time...don't have money. Well this time it all worked in our favor! :)
I suppose, I am closing in half an hour and I need to get things from our bake sale packed up.
TTFN!

No comments: