About Me

My photo
I am 44. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Friday, March 09, 2007

March Charity Crochet


Hat and mittens made with "Bernat Softee Chunky" in White and "Eyelash" in Sultry


Scarf knitted with #15 needles and one skein "Red Heart Bright and Lofty" in Jellybean.

This "Rainbow Set" is the first completed set that I made for the Crochetville Charity Blitz Drive. I have a pretty Sage set in the works, just have to finish the hat. Once that's done I'll post the pic for that too.


This months charity blitz receiver is:
Freedom Village
General Mailing Info
U.S. Office:
Freedom Village USA
P.O. Box 24
Lakemont, NY
14857
1 - 800 - VICTORY

Canadian Office:
Freedom Village Canada
P.O. Box 1178
Burlington, ON
L7R 4L8
1 - 877 - 726 - 5558

These are the addresses in case you choose to help. They are taking Hats/Mittens/Scarves for troubled or disadvantaged teenagers. They are given to them as Christmas presents.
With that thought in mind, I decided that each set that I make has to be something special. Not just the run of the mill acrylic yarns. They need to be worthy of being called a present.
Call me a snob, but it means something to me.

bizzer

1 comment:

Monet said...

love the rainbow...great job! :)