Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sharing thoughts

Hi.
I realized today while perusing my blog that I haven't done anything but show you pics of ongoing works for a while! So today I'm going to share my thoughts..however scattered they may be!

Life has been busy. Very busy. Tony, Stefani and I have all started on Weight Watchers and we are loving it. Tony hit his first road block in almost 6 weeks, this week. Suddenly he's not losing 5-6lbs a week and is having issues with it. My attitude to that is: Welcome to REAL weight loss, bucko! LOL!

Actually he's been such a tremendous blessing to me through all of this. Days when I want to quit, he's right there. We call him the "Points Nazi". If we even sniff at something he says "You have enough points for that?" It truly helps keep us in line! What doesn't work to his benefit is saying things like that and then following it up with "Yeah, I have like 26 points left for the day(at 6 or 7 at night)". And Stef and I look at him(while we are trying to figure out exactly what we can eat for 1 or 2 pts) and have all we can do not to punch his gorgeous face! Stefani gets 27 pts a day and I am now down to 29 pts a day. Sure it seems like a lot until you have a really stupid food craving (like a Kringle!!) and you succumb to the beauty of the pastry...and then you look and see that after that luscious, delicate piece of gorgeousness you now have about 11 pts left for the WHOLE day...it being about 9AM...ya know....

Yes, my name is Biz, and I am a pastry addict! I have been pastry free for one week. With all of you and the "Point Nazi", I'm sure that I'll be able to avoid anymore setbacks....

Other than food, we have been concentrating on getting our hair done, going to dr's appts, going away to a women's retreat that we NEEDED badly, teaching craft classes, creating more and more crochet patterns(many of which we haven't had the time to post)....etc....
Ya know how it is! (that whole last paragraph sounded like Smeegel from Lord of the Rings)

I have also made some new friends online. One is Rachelle in Oklahoma and the other is Sandhya in India.....HI Rachelle and Sandhya!! I have been getting to know them slow but sure.
They are both crocheters and mom's. Just like me!

Doggey Update!! Bailey and Mack are getting along fine for the most part. She's still a great big bully! But Mack eventually takes his toys back. He gets pummeled by Bailey for it, but I applaud his efforts just the same. The longer we have them, the less I want them to breed. As a matter of fact, if she doesn't get pregnant REALLY soon, she's going to be snipped. Bailey is still a toy thief, but is getting better about it. We've come to realize its all a plea for attention.

I promised myself I'd organize my office today...its not getting done sitting here.

ttfn
biz

No comments: