Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ongoing projects.....


Despite the blurriness of this pic, I thought I'd give you a preview of my Comfortghan. I am a mere 9...count em 9....squares away from completion!!! Amazing how when you actually work on something, it gets done! I am doing a variety of squares with a flower motif to them. It just seemed 'girly' to me. You too? Cool, great minds think alike! I'm lovin' the colors although they look a little screwy online.

As for the hat..it is also being worked on. No pics tho. It would just look really weird to you if you saw it in its current condition....nothing like a hat!

I have pulled yarn for two decisions I made today! #1- I am going to felt...AND I'm going to make it up as I go.... (that wasn't really supposed to be a pause, the fearful trembling in my hands caused the button to stick). #2- I am going to knit a prayer shawl. I mean HOW HARD can it be?? k3, p3....yeah? Ok, so maybe purling is like pantyhose and high heels...it had to be created by someone who wanted to torture women for eternity, but I can DO this! Really, I can!

I've decided knitting is something I want to become proficient at. I mean really the only things I can't do at this point(in the yarn and needlepoint worlds) are...spin (don't even want to learn)...quilt (ditto, needles hate me, really) and knit well. I have learned several other needlepointy type arts, not that I'm any good at them, but that truly is NOT where my heart is at folks. I even made my kids some clothes when they were little, with a pattern and a sewing machine and all....Just, NO! Stop the insanity!!! Hooks and big, thick needles that you can actually wield as a weapon....that's all I need!

Other than that.... I just HAVE to share with you some 'store' news that I am too excited to contain! We will be officially opening our 15-18" doll boutique in the store in 2 weeks! OMG, is that awesome or WHAT?!? No, not so that I can sell my patterns, although there may be some of that going on too, but we will actually have little jeans and shorts and shirts and shoes...etc...to dress your doll up in. And affordable! Not AG prices...yikes! There is a lady from our larger surrounding area that comes to the July 4th craft fair every year that makes doll tents that are awesome (for boys or girls, my kids each have them). They come with a sleeping bag and pillow and a front that rolls up. My daughter uses hers for Barbie's and AG dolls and my son uses his for his Pokemon critters. Cool huh? Anyway, all that to say, I want to sell those tents in my store. They are that cool! She makes specific Barbie doll size and the larger size to hold AG dolls too. And really reasonably priced. They all fold flat for storage and the smaller ones are great for travel. I just can't say enough cool things about them! So wish me luck in finding her this year!!

I have to go work on comfyghan somemore.

TTFN
biz

1 comment:

Monet said...

The blanket looks great!! and good luck on all of your expeditions!