About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Back to our regularly scheduled programs.....

As promised, we are now back to our regularly scheduled program....
......The Yarn Obsessed.... or .....The Happy Hooker..... or ......Knitting Needles: Craft or Murder?..... You pick...

Here we have yarn #1- the one my mom went gaga over. It is a mix of a chenille-ish yarn and a fun fur-ish yarn. It's huge and it's gorgeous, made in Italy. I think its going to make a lovely shawl for my mom. Nice and cushy......like a tushy....(ooo i'm on a roll today) In case you can't see them. The colors are purple, green and black......kind of like a bruise....hmmm....


Here we have yarn #2. It is a wool/acrylic blend, I think. It was just too neat looking to pass up. And no your eyes aren't going buggy...my camera is fuzzy. This will be a shawl for my grandma's 80th birthday. It is super soft to touch. This is also from Italy(the birthplace of my grandfather, husband to this grandma who passed about 5 years ago).


Here we have yarn #3- This I know is a wool/acrylic blend. I didn't want anything super high maintenance for people. I love the peachy, orangey color of this yarn. It is just so summery. Its very soft too. This will be my charity shawl.


Speaking of charity shawls....here is the progress on the orange/blue shawl. Its coming along nicely. Not much left to finish on the second set of orange balls, then another stripe of blue and the last two skeins of orange. I don't think I'm putting a fringe on this one. I like the simplicity of the edges. I didn't use half of the skeins of blue..I realized that would make the shawl way too long, so I just put about 16-17 rows of the blue in there (I'm still learning how to count the rows after they are done). I think I'm going to like the effect. It'll be a little bit 'sporty' looking. That is if you can make a 'sporty' looking prayer shawl...lol


And last but not least. Here is the progress on the latest AG design. Working on the Tulip Dress design for the "Garden Party Series".....I can't decide whether to keep this design as a shirt and do something else for the dress, or add the skirt like originally planned.....its a dilemna. I really like the shirt! Any suggestions??


Ok thats it for now. I will gab at you later....

biz

1 comment:

Monet said...

Everything looks great! :) Love the yarn!