About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Out with the old..In with the new...

Out with the old...In with the new.....
I finished the Homespun prayer shawl last night. It turned out so pretty. The picture color is so horrible. The burgundy line is actually a really pretty purple. The yellow line is more of a limey green with brown undertones...etc. It's just shy of 5' long and I put a long, fluffy fringe on it. The instructions said "Tie a knot at the end of each fringe to keep the yarn from fraying."....Yeah....the first side I did it all AFTER the fringe was on. My hands AND (get this) my shoulders cramped. The second side I did WHILE I was putting the fringe on and it was MUCH better!! I tried the shawl. It is comfy and fluffy. It is also being given to the church tonight for a lady in recovery....so..onto the new....

Remember that baby afghan I told you I needed to finish up this week for my mom? Well, I thought the first prayer shawl was going to take me another day to finish up. So I scheduled the afghan in to start finishing it on Thursday......*evil grin*.....SOOOOOOOO that means I get to work on the next prayer shawl today and not even feel guilty about it!!!!!!! Yay for me!!!!!

The colors really aren't as hideous as this picture makes them look. The orange is a soft , peachy, tangeriney orange and the blue is more of a clear, ocean blue. Less turquoise. When I started I thought "Let's try this with one strand".....Basically, folks I would've been working on this prayer shawl till Jesus returned....so I doubled the strands. The yarn is like a mini homespun the way that it is made, but much less frustrating to work with. I am going to stripe the blue and orange. I will use up two skeins of orange, stripe half of the blue skeins, use another full two skeins of orange, stripe the remaining half skeins of blue and finish with two remaining skeins of orange. This yarn is the bargain yarn I found at Walmart last week on clearance. Most of the blue skeins were pretty beat up, so I only took four of those. But the orange and pink ones were really nice, so I took six of each of those. The pink is a pretty pinky, rosey, bordering on hot pink but not really hot...pink. I am going to do another prayer shawl in pink with the same striping of blue thru it. I think these will be my favorites(to date) when I am done with them.

Wow, I'm a chatty cathy today....ttyl

biz

No comments: