About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Prayer Shawl Progress

On Friday the kids had to finish up their schoolwork for the year. So I stayed home with them and was able to finish the first skein of yarn and get almost 1/2 thru the second skein on the Prayer Shawl. I haven't worked on the shawl since then. Just didn't have time with weddings and parties to attend to. Today, however, has been another relatively productive day in that department. I finished the second skein and am about to work into the third one. Thank goodness I only have to go half of the third skein. The rest becomes fringe. I'm so excited to be almost done!! I love the self-striping of the yarn. I think I said that last time I posted about this. Its getting very heavy and my shoulders are starting to ache....


My mama came to work today and brought me a wonderful spinach salad with bacon, glazed walnuts, chicken and cheese with a berry/citrus vinaigrette(sp?) dressing. **salivation pause**Oh yum. Anyway we got to talking about projects I am working on and ones I've started and haven't finished. I dragged out an afghan I started back in October and she asked if I would finish it so she could give it as a baby gift. There's only 6 squares left so I said sure. I'll take pics of it when its done. Its very cute.
I also had her look through some pattern books and find some sweaters she liked. So there is a really cute pullover/zip up sweater and a shrug that she liked. I'll have to wiggle that into the schedule soon.....
tah
biz

No comments: