Wednesday, June 20, 2007

...When ya miss a day....or two...

.....Sheesh....
Got lots of pictures today. Let's start with every child's nightmare....."Headless Pooh".....Why is he headless you ask? Because mommy ran out of fluff. So because I live in the boondocks and currently fluff is not something I stock in my store...I have to wait till tomorrow night to get some more. Pooh has been sitting like this since Monday.

This is what Pooh will look like when he has a head....


Next in my weekly overview...is the SnB, HH book. I have put off purchasing this book for myself (based solely on the name of the book, yes I'm a prude) until I just can't put it off any longer. There were too many people making the Fat Bottom Bag and the Knot Ugly Shrug amongst other things that I just HAD to have this book. It hides in my bag cuz I just cannot handle the title...LOL...but that's just the way it is! I made my mom a Knot Ugly Shrug yesterday afternoon (yes, it works up THAT fast) cuz she begged me to make her some shrugs. Today she came in and bought $40 worth of yarn for more shrugs cuz she loves the one I made her so much. Go figure. I tweaked the pattern and made it larger than it called for cuz my mom is a larger lady, but it worked out really dreamy....


This is my VERY first knitting book EVER! Now, I have some books that have some knit/crochet projects in it, but once I saw a project was for knitting I never looked at it again. THIS book I bought just because it was for knitting. I'm almost half way through reading it. Yeah, I know...a pattern book to READ! I haven't seen one of those since "Afghan Romance" came out! They have great stories and some UBER cute patterns in it.
btw, both books were purchased thru Amazon.com. Great prices on books!


On to my "Fun with Ebay" section of this post! First is a fix for my new wool habit. Luscious, soft, creamy, and great colors. I purchased the green/brown mix. They have a ton of other really great colors and I plan to get them ALL! As soon as my pocket book can afford it! This yarn does not have a project for it yet. It is going to sit on my shelf and I'm just going to look at it until it tells me what it wants to be.


Here we have the hard to find Red Heart Super Saver yarns. One in purple heather and one in green fleck. I'm pretty sure both of them are discontinued yarns. I sell RHSS here in the store and I can't get them....
I love both colors and both of them are currently slated for afghans. I have 6 skeins of each.


I don't think I've ever worked with Wool-Ease...ever. But, I have run across some patterns that call for it so I wanted to try it out. This was apparently another hard to find color in the Wool-Ease brand and it was only three skeins, so I figured it would be a pretty prayer shawl. Maybe a little dark but some people enjoy dark colors. And I think done as a shawl it would be very nice. Or maybe the ouline of some afghan squares????


And here we come to the piece de resistance(I don't know how to spell French, so we are spelling it English with a French accent)! My Mommy!!! The Mafia princess herself modeling my newly created Knot Ugly Shrug. Yeah, I know its a little more like a Knot Ugly Sweater than a shrug, but it made her smile! It was the perfect length and the perfect size for what she wanted to wear with it, so all is well with the world! Isn't she cute?


Get this. I am making her a camoflage shrug. Oh yeah. Camoflage. I promise to take pics.

biz

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Your yarn buys have me drooling but that shrug, er, sweater, is awesome. Lucky mom.

Joyce

Lea said...

That shrug looks FABULOUS!!!! I can never ever ever get mine to come out!!! I guess I'm just a granny square sort of person... and um.. can't wait to see Pooh with a head.... Kind of creepy LOL