About Me

My photo
I am 44. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Blingy Mommy Bag and Clutch Wallet

This is my newest design. It was inspired by my C'ville Purse Swap partner who is an accountant AND a mom of a 9-month old! So here were my thoughts...a bag big enough to hold alot...be of practical/professional quality, yet be fun and funky....a place to put a checkbook and keys without losing them in the bottom of the bag....

Here's what we got!!! **Thanks Stef for being my model!**

My partner loves the black/pink/white combination. I used Patons Merino wool in Black, Too Pink and Winter White. I also used black fun fur in a few rows and on the top to add just a touch of "phouf". I also used some pink pony beads with an Aurora Borealis finish on them. It adds just a little shimmer....

The coordinating clutch was so simple to make. I happened to find a bag (in my stash) of the coolest vintage wood buttons and used one on the clutch for a closure.
I WILL be sharing this pattern for free. I am currently testing it and once I am completed doing that and have all the 'snafoos' taken care of...I will let you have it! Plus, I want to get my swap partners reaction to it. I hope she loves it as much as I do!

ttfn
biz


No comments: