Friday, November 30, 2007

It's a little cold...

...in the Northwoods today!

This morning I pulled into the parking lot at the other office, got out of my car and went inside. I came back out and noticed on the LCD advertising screen at the Realtor's office across the street said 3 degrees. I back my van up, turn it to leave the parking lot, look up at the screen and it is now 2 degrees. Uh-huh.

I hate winter. It gets colder every year. I particularly hate winter in the Northwoods. What I wouldn't give for snow instead of this evil cold.

So, anyway, this afternoon we get the report that tomorrow's forecast is sleet and rain in the morning followed by 4-12 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon. Not only does this destroy ALL of our plans for tomorrow...it probably isn't even true. We never get hit with ANY of the big storms they predict. I'd like to be a meteorologist. I could lie through my teeth with a smile and nary a niggling of conscience AND get paid for it!

Now granted it's not so cold that your boogers freeze and your eyes hurt, yet. That'll be next month. So I guess I shouldn't be complaining. But I'm going to anyway.

This is one of those times when you think back to what the Bible says about God never giving you more than you can handle. And he'll give you the grace to get through it.....yeah.....I wonder about this one. Somehow my graciousness to deal with cold weather slides down the 'grace meter' every year. We've been here 13 years and I honestly don't know how many more of these I can do....

I hate cold.

No comments: