Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Proof is in the pictures....

I've been talking about all this stuff I've gotten done.

Personally, I like looking at pictures.

Now I just need some background music as I take you on this journey! lol


Socks, obviously. These are made with Patons Kroy Jacquard sock yarn. These are specifically for my brother cuz 1) The colors make me think of him and 2) His were the only feet I had a measurement on...:)


Socks, again. These are made with ? some 100% Cotton baby yarn that I received in a gift package. At least the Off-White is..the white is another 100% Cotton yarn that I had. I think its Aunt Lydia's. Anyhoo...I call these the "Vanilla MilkShake" socks.....I mean don't they look like a vanilla milkshake? With the cream? (I don't care, I think they do) They turned out huge, so these are going to a man.


Socks from hell. 100% Llama. Handspun..Ooh-La-La.... Um, No. One cuff took me like 2 weeks. Granted I wasn't working on them exclusively (because they made my hands cramp) but 2 weeks? Once I got to the instep and the rest of the foot they flew, but the cuffs were evil...EEE-VILLE! Lucky me, I was so wooed by the feel of the Llama at the craft fair I got it at that I have two more pairs of socks worth sitting at home in their evil little balls....


Socks...little socks. Bernat Cool Crochet that was gifted to me. It's tiny. I mean tiny. So I grabbed a size 1 needle and went to town. I made these for my sis-in-law. She's tiny too so they should be a perfect fit.


Rocket ship set for my nephew Sam. It's my pattern...you can get it here for free:
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66029 His favorite color is green.
(I still haven't figured out how to put my links in with fancy little words like "here" and "this")


Sweater set for my newest nephew Jake the Snake. I used this pattern:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b14&d_id=25&lang=en
It's written in British English. So if you decide to help yourself to this pattern (as I did), make sure you avail yourself of all their conversion charts before you sign off. You'll need them!


Don't you love the orange buttons? Just happened to dig those out of my stash AFTER I completed the sweater. Talk about providential!


A felted wool purse for my niece Emily. This is her grown up purse. It was just something I whipped out, so there is no pattern to give you. BUT, She is also a horse FREAK, so I think I need to make her this too: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65106&highlight=horse+purse Don'tcha think so??


Here are the Ball Band Dishcloths from "Mason-Dixon Knitting". I love these. They are the absolute most fun things to make with all your little leftover balls of cotton from the other dishcloths. Plus, you can make them into simple cotton towels by just making a topper and putting a button on. Only 9 there? I could've sworn I've made about a thousand of them. Ok, so maybe it only feels like a thousand with everything else I've been making.

These are basic knit and crochet dishcloths. I turned one of the really big ones into a towel. I plan to do at least two more towels like this one. It's a snowman. The other two are a Christmas tree and a Gingerbread man. I desperately looked for a link to post, but cannot remember where I got them...so I'm sorry, no pattern for you.
With that I'll bid you adieu and talk to ya later!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I am madly in love with that sweater (I like your colors better than the original) and that rocket ship. I wish I had time for all the things I want to make. You've got some gorgeous stuff here.

Biz said...

Thank you so much! I hope you find the time to make the rocket...it's really wonderful when it's done!