About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Evil Cold

It has been wickedly cold here the last few days. We're talking -22/24 every morning without any help from a wind chill. It gets up to a high of about -4....then plummets back down to -15.

It evidently warmed up yesterday, although it didn't actually feel like it. We had snow last night. I don't know how much, I haven't looked out the window, but the flakes were big.

Today Tony and I are having our day out without any rugrats. We are going to Minocqua for the day. I'm thinking I'm NOT wearing the heels I wore yesterday. Those shoes were definitely not made for walking....pardon the pun! I would really like to not get frostbitten today. I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy freezing my toukus off. Gosh I'm a complainer.

I'm going to enjoy my day out with Tony...1) because he's been gone for a week. 2) because he is giving me this day because its what I asked for for Christmas 3) because we are going to go to the chef stores and drool! not over food, mind you, over appliances and gadgets! 4) because he is taking me to this really cute german pub downtown and 5) just because its me and him!

Now, in my mind, I've built this up to be a really romantic-ish day with lots of 'couple' behaviors and snuggly stuff.....my biggest fear is that my reality is going to be vastly different from my dream. Probably because even though this is my Christmas present...I'm the one that has decided everything. Picked the activity, picked the restaurant, picked it all....now we'll see if he does anything that is a surprise. That would be a small miracle in itself. I know, shut up Biz! Quit your complaining and whining, even if it is true, start believing differently and things will change.

I love my husband intensely. I have learned to overlook many things. Most of the time it doesn't even bother me that he does nothing to surprise me except maybe once every other year or so. I guess just once in a while, I would like for something to happen that I didn't have once ounce of knowledge, say so, or preparation for.

Here's my one wish. I would like a carnation today. They are my favorite flower and it would make me very happy.

Ok...geez...I have to stop being such an ungreatful rag....I don't even know why I'm telling you this.

talk to you later
biz

3 comments:

Gina said...

Hope you have a super day!!!
P.S. My husband is the exact same way :( And I am just like you...love suprises, romantic and cuddly.

cjcheer2002 said...

Hi, My name is Cheryl and I am new to your blog. I came across your blog when I was looking for a cowboy boot pattern. I noticed you are around my age (almost 36) and have two kids and homeschool. I have two girls 8 and 10 and homeschool as well. I notice that you crochet. I love what I have seen so far. I was wondering if you still have the pattern for the cowboy boot and hat set that you had on your blog on March 17, 2007. I would love to make that. Thanks so much and God bless, Cheryl

Biz said...

Hi Cheryl! I didn't have an email to respond to. The pattern that I used is in
"Too Cute Crochet for Babies and Toddlers"
I know you can find it on Amazon.com if you don't already have it or know where to get it. It has alot of cute patterns even if they aren't written out the best! Good luck!
biz