About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Friday, June 27, 2008

'Tweener Project...for all you wine drinkers...*wink*


Here's another 'tweener project. I copied this pattern by Drew Emborsky ages ago. I found it last week while I was rifling through some papers. Since I am currently experiencing 'project funk'...I thought, "Ok, I'll give these a try." I totally fell in love with them...totally...
They are THE easiest things to make ever. AND they are totally practical and functional when you are done. I discovered that you can get 8 flip-flops from one solid ball of Sugar 'N Cream...and 6 flip-flops from one variegated ball of Sugar 'N Cream. I still haven't made it through the whole ball of white. You can get an awful lot of flip-flop straps out of one ball of white.

I decided to make these for wedding gifts. All the colors pictured represent sets of 4 in each of the colors. I'm going to throw together the 'leftovers' from the variegated sets into a mix and match set.
As you can see from the first picture and the last picture, I embellished some of the flip flops. The first picture shows some that I beaded. The last picture I just put matching butterfly buttons on the front of the straps. You can do quite a bit with these to make them individual.
Sort of like wine glass charms...only not. And now the wine glass won't leave rings on your tables. Of course, I don't drink wine and don't use wine glasses, so I have no idea if they leave rings or not. I just assumed they did..:)

No comments: