About Me

My photo
I am 44. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Flame Socks

These are pics of the unfinished, unblocked single sock in the "Flame Wave Socks" from Favorite Socks by Interweave.

I wanted to make a sample pair of socks for the store with the new Patons Stretch Socks that I just got in stock. I am using the olive colorway for this pair. I have discovered that you should not bother using a subtle pattern stitch with this yarn. It doesn't show up at all. I have done a close up of the pattern....I hope you can see it. I wanted to make this pattern and didn't really give the color a whole lot of thought..I should have.

The yarn itself is great. It's got great drape. It's super soft and nicely stretchy.

I am, however, suffering deeply from 'second sock syndrome'.....I don't wanna make the other one. This is my first time with SSS...EVER! Keep me in your sock prayers...




No comments: