Thursday, October 23, 2008

Inside My Devotions

Well, this morning during my devotional time I came across this scripture. I thought that it was quite relevant to our current economic crisis.

Proverbs 21:6 NKJV- "The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death."

All those people that have dipped their fingers into the public coffers will have to answer someday for their actions. I believe that they will have to answer here on earth, as well as, when they stand before Judgement. Those that deny God and steal from the people will get theirs in the end. I don't have to be afraid of the future, because God is my source, not the world's economy. He has never seen the righteous forsaken, nor their seed begging bread (psalm 37:23-27). I am expecting God to give me all manner of witty inventions to succeed and live through this economic crisis. I, also, don't have to judge or think badly of these people. Because, if I judge them, God won't. Also, if I judge their sin, I will stand judged for the same sin. Judge not, lest you be judged. Same reason televangelists and preachers that step beyond preaching the Word of God (for reproof, rebuke, and edification of the saints), to judging those that are in sin as though they are lesser people, end up being caught doing the same thing and ruined publicly.

Repentence should be the order of the day.

No comments: