Friday, October 03, 2008

More Yarny Goodness

I came home to this wonderful little package on my table.

May I introduce to you: Alaska Rose (in honor of Sarah Palin) by Castle Fibers Yarn. This is a hand dyed, lovely, 90%merino/10%nylon, superwash sock yarn by a lovely lady on Ravelry named Rita (this is a Ravelry link). She had a contest to name the yarn. There were two yarn colorways to name. She ended up calling them "That's the Ticket" and "Alaska Rose". I actually purchased the Palin yarn before she had the contest. She posted it in one of the forums and I decided that I HAD to have it. I ordered 3 skeins so that I could make a pair of socks for me, my mom and my grandmother to wear to the polls on November 4 (which is also my mom's birthday).

Well! I promptly cast on the first pair last night while watching the Biden/Palin debate and this is how far I got before bedtime.

Can you tell I love making socks?

No comments: