About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Weight Loss and WIP's

I've had a rough two weeks with weight loss. I am beginning to come out of the doldrums now.

In my search for "joy in the journey" I came across some really funny, food related pictures. I'm sharing them with you...and maybe you'll find some joy in them too.


"How to weigh yourself and get the most accurate result. I can't believe I have been doing it wrong all these years! We must get the word out!"


"Why does it take two weeks to take off three pounds and only two days to gain 'em back?"


"Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards"









"Haz how many calories?"

"Don't step on it...it makes you cry."
"Welcome to the Weight Loss Forum. To lose one pound, double-click your mouse six million times."
If you want a few more funnies..go here. You won't be sorry. :) But, make sure you come back and finish reading this post!
Here's what I've been working on in the last two weeks to keep me from snacking all night while watching tv. A Mitered Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting. This one is actually, right now, just going to be a sample for a new-ish baby yarn in my store. These are just pics of the palette I'm using. I have to make 24 squares.
And then sew them together.
Wish me luck.






And yes, those of you who have looked that closely at my stitches, I DO have a twist in my 'knits'....I blame it on the fact that I knit like I'm crocheting. It all functions the same in the end..it's just not as uniform as you 'good' knitters!
And did you notice the Risk game? Love me some Risk. We've been playing that same game for almost a year now. We put it away for about 6 months. But, now it's back out and we only play it on Thursday nights. I really have no idea how long it's going to take to finish. But, just for the record, I'm currently whompin' everyone!
Oh Yeah!

1 comment:

Chars said...

Just wondering if you could explain to me how you knit like your crocheting??

I have never really been able to get knitting :( ALthough I can knit and do from time to time - I am extremely slow and I drop the needle that is in my right hand everytime I need to do a stitch to put the yarn around...

My mum gave up on me stating that you are either born a crocheter or a knitter - she was born a knitter and struggles with crochet...

I guess I was born a crocheter? Can you help?

Hugs Chars

aussiefriend4life@gmail.com