About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank you, Vets.



Just wanted to send out a personal thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to the Vets and Servicemen who fight for my freedom and protect my way of life with their own.

Thank you to my grandfather, Master Sgt Pesce, USAF, 31 years retired. Served in World War II with the occupational forces in Germany. He met my grandmother there. But, theirs is a story for a different day. Papa passed away February of 2002 of complications of COPD.

Thank you to my dad, Staff Sgt Fisher, USAF, honorable discharge. Served 1-1/2 tours in Vietnam. And for many years later.......

Thank you to my cousins, (not sure of their ranks) Isaiah and Micah. Isaiah, originally Navy, transferred to Army. Served in Iraq...I don't know how many tours. Was on the USS Lincoln in the Gulf when the Iraq conflict started. Micah, Army, currently in Iraq on his umpteenth tour. Is coming home in July. Both went in right out of high school. Both have baby girls that were born either while they were shipped out, or shortly before going. Both have missed out on the first year of their daughters lives.

And last, but not least, Thank you to Brandon. I'm not sure of his rank either. But, he's a Marine. He just went back to Afghanistan on his second tour last month.

Thank you, gentlemen. Thank you for not only putting your lives on hold while you served for my freedom. But, thank you for who you are in my life.

All gave some...Some gave all. Thank you.

No comments: