Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm Back-ish

What was supposed to have been a short leave of absence turned into the longest stretch of my life!! Believe me when I say to you "I have missed you blog-land!".

The last 6 months of my life have been tumultuous to say the least. We sold the store successfully. And I have gratefully been out from under that stress. However, life seemed to get busy. Busy with my boss wanting me to work more. Busy with Holidays coming up. Busy with my Mom having to travel to the doctor often. Powerlifing starting up again and Tony coaching...which means lots of sacrifices by the family. And, well, just...busy.

I think I fell into a mini-depression for a while there. Things started going badly at work. My Mom had this tube in her side draining her lung from September to December (It was only supposed to be for a few weeks). Our finances kept getting worse. Christmas was coming and we had no idea what we were going to do for presents for the kids. I had no internet to journal on. The list just goes on and on....for a long time.

I guess now is a good time to come back to you. Things are looking up again. We have had to file bankruptcy, but that has relieved such a burden from my shoulders I can't be sad about it. Things at work have turned around again and the unpleasantness is over. My Mom's tube has been out for a few months now and she is doing GREAT! And we are at the end of the Powerlifting season...thank you, Jesus. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter's sport....but it's been alot of sacrifices.

Stefani has had an awesome season. She took first at the Osceola and Phillips meets. We were just at the Wisconsin State meet the second weekend in March and we will be at the National meet this coming weekend. She took 3rd @ State as a Freshman. She didn't have a hope of 1st or 2nd, only because the two girls that took those spots were Seniors and lift hundreds of pounds more than Stef. So 3rd was really hers to lose. She worked soooo hard and pulled out some seriously amazing lifts for her. Her final squat was 315, final bench was 130 and final deadlift was 310. She worked so hard for that 310! It was awesome! I will post pics as soon as I have that capability. Which, hopefully, will be soon. She's really nervous about Nationals. But, she has a goal of going 9 for 9 on her lifts and that would be an accomplishment for her. In her three years of competition she has never gone 9 for 9 on her lifts. So wish us luck and send up a little prayer for her on Friday night, if you think about it! :)

I am to have carpal tunnel surgery on my right arm Good Friday. I will have to post some pictures of the few piddly things I have managed to complete since leaving the store and leaving bloggy-land. And I will need to complete some of these designs I have roaming around in my head once my arm is healed.

I will sign off now, as I am at work and being a naughty girl using up company time to blog.

I have missed you and I will return soon. I promise.

1 comment:

Misty said...

friend, i have missed hearing your voice on here. i hope your hand is healing well. i look forward to reconnecting now that we're both at blogging again (mine at a new address)