About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Thursday, May 06, 2010

National Day of Prayer...for ALL.

If you are a pray'er....today is an opportunity for you.

Most people have the misconception that today is a 'Christian' day. There has been an uproar in our government about making such a day illegal or against the Constitution. First of all, how dare they try out outlaw my rights? How dare they presume that I will sit down and shut up because they tell me to? Quite the contrary...I will stand on the mountaintop and scream even louder!!According to Wikipedia this is what the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights has to say:

The Bill of Rights prohibits Congress from making any law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, guarantees free speech, free press, free assembly and association

This applies to all religion, not just the Christian religion. It seems as though the Christian religion gets targeted by anything relating to restrictions of rights. We feel it most keenly, because we are currently the majority in the religious sector. Yet, we have to remember America is the melting pot of the world. Many, many, many people have come to America seeking freedom from religious persecution. Just as the founding fathers of our nation did. Only to find themselves back in a nation that wants to try and tie the hands of the religious once again. They don't have that right. And if they force it.....they won't have a country left to run. We are a nation of religion, whether our government likes it or not.

While I am a Christian and I do pray to God. (Not Allah, not Buddah, not Hari Krishna, not Muhammed......God. The God of Israel. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Father of Jesus Christ. Just to be completely clear about whom I am speaking.) This is simply a day of prayer. This is a day that I encourage you to exercise your religious freedom, whatever that may be and PRAY! Our country needs it desperately.

Here is my prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Today I am praying for my country. I am lifting my President up. I pray for his safety and the safety of his family. I pray that wisdom surrounds him in the form of advisors and influencers. I pray that he uses wisdom in decisions he makes concerning my country. I pray for my Congressman and Senators. I ask you to guide them when making choices concerning laws that will affect our state and the people in it.
I thank you that YOU are a God of more than enough. This nation is still the best nation in the world with the most freedom and hope (and not because somebody used it as a campaign slogan). Thank you that you strengthen our military as they defend our freedoms. Thank you for their sacrifices. Both the soldiers and their families. And I thank you Lord that they are not abused in these worldly conflicts they are being thrust into. Please protect them from harm. I ask you to bring them back to us safely and not consumed by the horror they have had to endure.
Thank you for the prosperity of your people and the people of this great nation. Thank you for continued freedom to express your love and grace!
Father, I will lift your name before the nations and not be ashamed. Please use this voice to give you glory!
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Now..if you haven't....go pray. I'm sure that He would like to hear your voice today. :)

No comments: