About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Elves - Knitted Baby Blanket - In Production

Well, "Elves" - The Knitted Baby Blanket is well underway. I had some pattern issues that threw me back a little. The kind of issues that make you suddenly look at your newest toy and want to chuck it across the room. I knitted back 3 or 4 rows at least 2 times. It just was not coming out the way I had envisioned it, so I scrapped the part that wasn't fitting in. And here we have the "final"-ish results. It is, of course, still in the works, but I am happy with the way that it is coming along.

Here is a very washed out close-up of the center part of the afghan. I don't remember the name of the stitch. But it goes like this: yo, sl next st, k3, psso. I really like doing it and I like the way it looks. It has sort of a lattice feeling to it...in a round about sort of way.


Here is the border. There are a total of 4 leaves going up and 4 leaves on each side of the border. I still haven't figured what, if anything, I will do to finish it. I'm sort of eyeing up the I-Cord border that I've seen on some other works. We'll see.


Believe it or not, this is done in Dark Sage. My camera totally washed things out. BUT, at least I can take pictures.....the alternative is much worse! lol

2 comments:

Misty said...

it's beautiful! i love love love that leaf pattern on the border! i've been working on adult sweater and i'm SO OVER "large" knitted items. i'd be undone having to do a blanket right now!!! this is why i like teeny tiny baby things. loL

SigridNolen1志正 said...

you‘re really talented.!............................................................