Thursday, July 15, 2010

I am not bilingual, but I like to make dishcloths!!

Hi.

Just a short note today as I still am having photo accessibility issues. I have been knitting dishcloths like crazy. I will point you towards the patterns momentarily. First, I need to address one small issue.

I have had many visitors of late that speak Chinese (or possibly Japanese?). I find this both fascinating and wonderful. I am so excited that there are people from all over the world visiting my blog. However, when you are posting comments...I cannot read them. Most times they don't even show up in your language. They are just some gobblety-gook of symbols because my computer can't intepret them. My request is this: Please write all comments in English, as that is the only language I speak. Thanks so much. I would love to read all the comments posted and reply accordingly. I hope this did not come across offensive.

Ok, now on to some pattern sharing. I went onto Ravelry recently and looked up dishcloths. Lordy, there's a ton of them on there. So I picked out the ones that I thought would be the most interesting to make. My usual habit is to copy them off, throw them in a pile and say "I'll make those someday". Well, this time, I decided that would be a waste of paper if I just let them sit there and never do anything with them. So I made myself make them. I am currently working my way through the pile.

Here are the ones I've made so far: (Mind, you'll have to be a ravelry member to view some of these patterns, I've put an asterisk* next to those.)
Circle Cloth *from Hakucho Knits
Harmonic Mosaic Cloth from Ribbed for Your Pleasure
Eloomanator's Diagonal Knit Dishcloth from Eloomanator
Elvish Leaves Dishcloth from Kelley's Yarns
Chinese Waves Dishcloth from Maggie's Rags
Waffle Knit Dishcloth from Homespun Living

I still have to work on:
Linoleum Dishcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Double Bump Dishcloth* from Missy Angus
The Santa Cloth from KrisKnits
A Christmas Dishcloth Story from KrisKnits
Scrubbie Dots* from Doni Speigle

Some non-dishcloth thoughts:
Diagonal Mock Cable Mug Cozy
I-Phone Case
Hemlock Ring Doily Throw

As soon as I have a non-challenged computer/camera/printer set up I will post pictures of the completed items. Happy pattern browsing!

1 comment:

Bailey said...

I made a couple of the Christmas Dishcloth Story Patterns last year for Christmas and they were a big hit. I love Christmas scenes so I even made one for me.

I just crocheted a couple of pumpkins for Halloween. I have a bat pattern, but nothing that I really like in a knitted Halloween dishcloth, yet.