About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Friday, July 02, 2010

The Internet is Bliss: A review of foodie blogs

I truly cannot wait until I have the internet at home again.

I have been reading my fave foodie blogs today (and getting completely hungry in response). And oh my word, this recipe looks absolutely to die for. I love her blog!

I'm also quite taken with this blog. Wonderful! I've made the no-knead bread, (which is virtually everywhere on the internet now, but I saw it here first) and tweaked it over and over adding garlic, cheese, rosemary, sun dried tomatoes, basil, etc. and my family adores it. Lovely, crusty, chewy thing.

I am dying to create some of the recipes from this blog. He has such an interesting viewpoint of living a vegan lifestyle and he certainly goes out of his way to make it a fun way of living. Especially with kids of his own to feed. This particular one looks completely luscious to me. Total comfort food.

This blog is outstanding for innovative ideas. She has a regular foodie blog, as well, but I just love her vegan versions. Especially since I've begun to can and this recipe looks like a must-do. Can hardly wait till next summer when the dandelions come out full bloom again. I'll be ready this time!

I'm telling you, when I have the internet again...I'm going to have a computer dedicated to my kitchen** for the purpose of cooking delightful, flavorful, exotic dishes! My family will love them whether they want to or not!

**I'm seriously considering cooking my way through a blog.....her food is just.....words can't describe.....I'm actually speechless....

4 comments:

Amy said...

I have just discovered the joy of a bread machine. I am now baking bread every couple of days.

I love the no knead recipe that you directed to and I put it in my favorites. I want to try it soon.

You would love the hillbillyhousewife there is great info and recipes there.

I think I put a link to it on my blog a few weeks ago.

I love your new look.

Have a wonderful 4th weekend.

Biz said...

Amy- I will definitely check out the website you mentioned! And you will not be disappointed by the no knead bread. It is a wonderfully chewy, super crusty bread. :) Thanks for the new look compliment. It makes me happy to look at it. Reminds me of childhood days spent laying down in various cow pastures looking up through the flowers at the sky.

I hope you enjoy your 4th as well!
Biz

于庭 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德............................................................

義珊義珊 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................