Thursday, October 28, 2010

What Have You Been Up To?


Moi? I have been totally focused, enveloped and up to my proverbial eyeballs in all things "Christmas Program". It appears I have this talent for writing Christmas Programs, skits, plays, etc.
This is the third Christmas Program I have put together for our church. This year's theme is "The Glory of God"....which is us, His creation. In all of this we have speaking skits and music skits that we 'act' out or pantomime to. There is always a "story" that is narrated or acted out throughout the program, essentially introducing the individual skits. Needless to say, since this is all coming from my brain I have to be there to choreograph and oversee everything. Sometimes it is overwhelming, most times it's just good old fashioned fun.
We are hot and heavy into practices and rehearsals. There are so many elements to pull together. Thankfully, this year we created a "Creative Team" that will help with props and costumes so that it doesn't all fall on me and the Children's Church Director. I am so greatful for all of them. They have such great ideas. :) I have finally assembled all of the music. I have all of my principal characters assigned and I am sooooo stoked! This year is going to be GREAT!! :)
Somehow I will figure out how to video it and then we will figure out how to put it on youtube so that you all can see it. :) Right now with just the basics and not running through the program from beginning to end without stops, we are at about an hour and a half with a ten minute Intermission.
I have also been crocheting. I am almost done with my Grandmother's shawl (the Sweet & Simple Shawl Pattern by me) that she requested and I am almost done with all my little froggies. Just have to assemble the one that is done and make one more and we are good to go. I am using the Mango Simply Soft for the orange froggies. Bad choice. Just sayin. Not the color...it's just soooooper hard to work with for this project and my left arm aches. So the last two frogs are taking longer than planned. Frog Pond pattern coming soon....I promise!

Now, if I can just stop trying to live on chocolate.

2 comments:

Alannah said...

Good luck with the chocolate thing lol!! I can't wait to see your pond I am very excited to see it!!! And Break a leg with your play! It sounds like it will be great!!!!

Amy said...

Today is chocolate day so you will have to celebrate!!

I am so glad that you are doing such a wonderful thing with your Christmas program. You are giving these kids and adults such wonderful memories!!

God Bless and have a wonderful day.