About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Things That Just Don't Go Right


Ever have something go really, really wrong?


I am in the middle of one right now. We received a "Summons to Civil Court for Foreclosure" last night from one of our local Sherriff's Deputies. A very nice man named Dave.


We have been in contact with our mortgage company repeatedly. I have spent much time on the phone with them trying to work this out. Nope. They want what they want and they want it all now.


So, this is being chalked up to one of those things that 'Did not go the way I intended for it to go'.


We know we will not be able to come up the funds they are asking us to put up and so we will lose the house. Not sure if this is a blessing in disguise, since this house has been nothing but a money pit. And for them it's always the question "How did you end up behind on your payments?" and I have to go back over a year ago when Tony was laid off for more than four months and what that did to our finances. Then, tell them how we never really recovered from that and had to go through a bankruptcy. And then in the middle of all that we got behind on our house payment. Plus, I didn't go to work full-time until July....(unbeknownst to us) way past where we were ever going to be able to catch up on our behind payments to the satisfaction of our mortgage company. They just finally started sending our payments back and refused to accept them so they could foreclose on us.


Do I blame them? No. They are doing what they were designed to do. They are not some big, evil entity.

Do I agree with their lack of willingness to work with me when I am MORE than willing to rectify this with extra payments? No. I can't say that I do.


We will move on and rebuild our lives. But, I do have to wish them luck in finding a buyer for this house in our little town and it's struggling economy. Good luck, indeed. There have been many a home on the market for years here.

4 comments:

Sharon Marie said...

So sorry to hear about losing your home. I will say a prayer for you.

River Glorious said...

:`(

Misty said...

oh sweetie, prayers. i can only imagine how hard this is.. moving when you WANT to and intend to is less than fun (tho i do always like the notion of starting over a bit)... so less so when you weren't planning on it.
hugs....

Bailey said...

I am so sorry you and your family are going through this, especially at this time of year.

Hopefully at the other end of this there will be something better that comes of all of it.

Thank you for all your hard work and generous patterns. It has been a great blessing this Christmas as I have already made the castle and have a farm house almost complete for a very special family who also is having some challenging financial times.