About Me

My photo
I am 44. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Good Morning, Saturday!

Saturday morning yummies. :)

I finally broke down and bought myself a new waffle iron. I did this back around New Year's, but I searched the world over.....well, ok, Pensacola.....and could not find a waffle iron at a decent price. It was getting to the point where I thought I was going to have to sell an organ on the black market in order to afford a new one. I just could not see the point in paying more than $30-$40 for an occasional use item. I had already been to several stores and I was exhausted. Walmart had the best price, but there are 4 or 5 in the city and I had no energy to keep looking to see if any of them had the waffle iron I wanted. The first one definitely did not. Out of desperation, I finally broke down and looked online.

Apparently, Walmart has this convenient thing online where you can either order it and have it sent to your house for .97 or you can order it and pick it up at the store for free. If its an in-stock item, you can sometimes pick it up the same day. If you have more than one Walmart in your area, like I do, then you can choose which Walmart's stock you want to look at and that saves you all that running around, wasting gas, parking 3 miles away and hiking to the store. I have had a complete success and a complete failure using this site-to-store type of ordering. The waffle iron was a great success.....we won't talk about the failure thing...I just know which Walmart I'm going to avoid like the plague.

Not sure why I felt compelled to blog about this...lol. Maybe you'll find a time saving, happy success using their online option like I did?

Have a Happy Saturday everyone!!

1 comment:

Alannah said...

I love site to store... it helps the grandparents that are far away have something for the kids for bdays and christmas with out paying up the wazoo for it!