About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

A little scare

Yesterday I think my body tried to have a heart attack. My heart was beating like it was going to come out of my chest, and really fast. I had pain going up my throat into my jaw. I had a hard time breathing. My left arm and shoulder hurt. This went on for like 15-20 min. When I finally made the decision to call an ambulance it shut off like it was on a switch. No lie.

So the very nice EMT's, Freddy and Kim, put an EKG on me and monitored my pulse. Blood pressure was a little high and my pulse was a little high. I opted not to go to the hospital. I am going to call on Monday and make an appt with a heart doctor to get checked out.

I decided to take my daughter to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn:Part 1. It meant something to her and I figured we needed the memory.

4 comments:

Cris said...

You should DEFINITELY have it checked out; however, I wanted to let you know that this is also a symptom of a panic attack (I have them ALL the time and each one freaks me out just as much as the last). So - don't panic just thinking your heart is bad - there are many reasons it could happen. I'll say a prayer for good health :)

Biz said...

Thanks Cris! I had this happen a few times when I was about 30. The EMT's mentioned panic attack too. What I don't understand is why now? I've been under much greater stress in the past and I was just fine. I am actually stress free right now. Life is good! :-)

Sharon GARDNER said...

I'll second the comment that says to get it checked out. I also have panic attacks. Usually when I have them is when I'm having a great day. Usually when I'm driving, singing along with the radio and that sort of thing.

Biz said...

Thanks Sharon. Panic attacks are weird, just weird!