Friday, March 02, 2012

So....I got a haircut.....

I have been in a very unhappy place with my hair since moving to Florida. I miss my stylist, Dani, so much. I could just sit down in the chair and say Ok....make it shaggy, make it edgy, make it look good and I loved it every time. She would just ask me, ok, how short? So after being here for a year and finding a stylist I'm ok with, I've been contemplating how hard would it be to become rich and famous so I could just charter a jet and fly Dani down to see me every 6 weeks or so?

I like what Rhonda did with my hair this time. And we are working towards this haircut:
I found an article about the shape of your face and what kind of haircut you should have to accent your face shape, etc. Apparently, I have had the wrong hair cut for at least 2 years now. What a bummer! I need to grow my hair quite a bit. Shouldn't take too long. My hair grows really fast. Rhonda asked me if I was going to go blonde with it.....? Um. I don't think so. I was blonde in my youth. I don't think it's my "look" anymore. :) We'll see though. I am Florida "babe" now. LOL!!

I have been doing a fat loss program for 2-1/2 weeks now. I have only lost about 10lbs, but my body is shrinking like a shrinky dink. Here's the website. It is a great program. In the last two days I have been terrible about drinking my water (I drink a 1/2 gallon a day) and eating when I'm supposed to. AND I've been craving cupcakes and crappy food like crazy. I have to keep telling myself..." I will not sabotage myself!" over and over again. I had gotten really, really big over the last year and I'm so glad to be doing something proactive towards a healthier me. However, I do realize that I didn't get this way over night and I won't lose all the weight over night. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I was never very good at running no matter the distance...so thank God my husband has decided to jump into the "coach" role with me to keep me motivated. Love that man.....

Anyway, with this new body starting to happen, I want to define my look a little differently than I have in the past. I am tired of looking like the frumpy dumpy 40 year old mama. Hence, the growing out of the hair and the new do. I will never have Jessica Simpson's neck....oh I wish. I will forever have a 3" neck...my trapezius muscles are just too big from all those years of lifting weights and now all the stress causes me to look "bunchy" and "squat". Oh well, I am what I am and that's all that I am.....

I am a small woman. I'm only 5'1". I would love any suggestions on different clothing cuts to look for......all you crafty people with an eye for fashion.....:)

No comments: