About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Mother In Law Blanket

I've been steadily working through one of the boxes of yarn my mother in law sent down for me. Most of this particular box contained partial skeins....perfect for a scrap-ghan, right?

I expanded my 'do it your way' scrap -ghan and added another row to the second color. I like how fast it's working up. I've been edging it with an oatmeal color this time, as opposed to the usual black or dark brown I tend to use. It has only taken me a few days to get this far. I've had quite a bit of time to crochet lately.

The partial skeins spoke 'Florida' to me, so I have been trying to keep the palette sandy, natural, beach-housey (real word? Lol)....Floridian. I like the way it's coming along. If you've ever been over the bridge going into Perdido Key from Pensacola....you will understand this blanket. The beach houses and condos are all hyper-pastel colors, the sand is a beautiful white, the Gulf waters are dark blue and teal and green.....and nature just pops! So, I'm pretty happy with the way this color palette is coming together! :-)

My hunky monkey didn't move, so he got his picture taken with the blanket. See? Sit still too long in my house and your liable to get decorated with crochet....:-)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love this blanket! It is very Floridaesque.

ladydragonfly said...

Love the colors for the afghan. I lived in Florida for 15 years so I understand the colors. Beautiful!! Getting decorated with crochet...sounds like my house. HeeHee. I wouldn't know what to do without my crochet.