Sunday, June 17, 2012

Busy Weekend

After getting some of those bigger projects completed (ya know, the ones that hang around making you feel guilty), I feel like I'm finally free to get back in a toy making groove.

This weekend I've kept myself busy by finishing up a barn bag and characters. The pictures are not amazing. Teo calls Chuck, the horse, 'Chuck Marley' cuz his hair reminds him of dreds. My kids broke out into an impromptu rendition of Bob Marley's 'Everything's Gonna Be Alright'. Complete with a reggae beat coming out of some very white children. They bring me great joy. :-)

I am also completing a fantasy castle set for a castle I had made months ago. Just have the dragon left to complete.

I was requested by a girl at church to make her some ear covers for her headset at work. The little blue discs are what I came up with. We will be testing them out this week. If they work....I shall be posting the pattern.

One last comment. I just saw a commercial for a remake of Total Recall. I remember the original with Arnold Schwarzenegger. I loved that movie back in the day. I haven't been able to watch it in a few years because I just can't put up with the language anymore. Here's my thought/question: Has anyone noticed the onslaught of remakes?? Are all of the original ideas gone?? Did they run out?? You have to be completely desperate to remake Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. IMHO. Would love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

sajuki said...

so pretty :D

Bailey said...

Sounds like you've been having fun. Love the horse's mane.