Saturday, July 14, 2012

This Week in Bizzy's World...

We'll start with my "Retro-ghan". Remember the three boxes of yarn my mother-in-law sent down with my parents in May? Well, even if you don't, one of the boxes came about half full of ancient yarn....as far as yarn is concerned. I had no idea what I was going to do with all that old yarn and I knew I didn't want to waste it. So, I thought I would make a retro afghan with retro yarn. Be all authentic and stuff. When I started it, I was stoked. Totally loving it. Colors turning out great. Rectangles going relatively fast. Now, that I have been working on it for a week solid and I'm not even half way through the blanket, it has quickly gone from "Woohoo, this rocks!" to "Omg. What did I do?" Don't get me wrong, I still love the colors and the way it's turning out. And I have completed another 3 rows since this picture was taken. But, I'm tired of it and I want it to end. *stomps foot and pouts lip*

When I grow tired of working on the eternal retro-ghan, I find little "boredom buster" projects to work on. This happens to be the one I found this week and I pretty much went ape on it. I've made another 4 of these in a variety of colors since I took this picture 2 days ago. lol. This is a free pattern from Red Heart. It's part of their 12 Patterns of Christmas promo. Trust me, this one is totally worth making. It's a Snowman Mug Cozy for a standard mug size. It closes with a button on the side. Total cuteness. It's going to be part of my Christmas gifting this year. Ok, off with you...Go craft something!

4 comments:

Jimmie Earl said...

Your retro-ghan is unique to say the least, and bright!!! LOL! Like you, I get tired of working on the same thing all the time, which explains why I have two or three projects going at the same time. I am working diligently on a shawl for our church, beautiful yarn, but the pattern is boring and repeats the same row for about 95 rows. It's easy yet monotonous. So I have been making hats now and again in between working on the shawl. Fun, and cute, but now, who gets them??? My daughter has a bunch and my granddaughter won't wear a hat! LOL!

Biz said...

Hey Jimmie! Do you have any domestic abuse shelters in your area? I used to donate a lot of things I made for the fun of it, but had nowhere to go with to my local domestic abuse shelter. Ours used things like that as Christmas gifts or for people who came with nothing but the clothes on their back. Just a thought.

Erin said...

I love your retro-ghan! The colors are wonderful. Thanks for the tip on the mug cozies. I see some Christmas crochet in my future.

Biz said...

Hey Erin! Thanks. Just gotta keep banging out these rows. This is truly a lesson in perseverance! Lol
So glad the mug covers got you going for Christmas! :-D