About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meandering

My dad mentioned in one of his latest emails to me, that he goes on my blog to see if I've posted anything new and to try and keep up with my family. But, that it is hard to do when I never post anything.

So, sorry to you, Dad, and sorry to those of you that actually read my blog. I will really try to do better to keep you all in the loop.

I officially started my credit bearing classes at Uof Phoenix on July 23rd. It's been going well. This block seems kind of easy. It's university studies and personal finance. The univ studies is learning how to study in college and how to deal with diversity, etc. I am thoroughly enjoying that class. The reading is informative, the discussions are always good and I always feel like I'm learning something new. The personal finance is just kind of boring. I think I've already lived out everything they say you are not supposed to do to your credit score. I am the POSTER CHILD of how to screw up your credit rating. But, I am working my way out of that stigma. Slowly, but surely.

I have been applying for jobs again. Nothing has come of it yet. God is making my way before me. If a job outside of the home is not where I'm supposed to be, then He will show me what to do. One way or another He takes care of us.

Stefani is looking at completing her latest block of classes with online high school and when she turns 18 in January, she will take her GED test and be done. Hallelujah. One down, one to go! Now, my challenge will be getting my 16 year old through his last few years with good grades. If you've been with me for any length of time, you know that he is my problem child. Brilliant mind....that wanders and wanders and wanders... and when you get in his face, he gets belligerent. :-/ Another one of those, "God gives you what you can handle" situations.

Tony and I have been on the search for a home church for the last year and a half. I'm not sure where we are supposed to be anymore. We really liked the first church, but the kids didn't. So we went to a place that had a more friendly youth group. Kids loved it, we didn't. The kids are still attending the youth group, but we have gone back to church number one. We are leaving the option open to "church shop" a little more if we feel like it. I'll let you know what happens.

As for crocheting? My Etsy store is beginning to pick up. I am going to debut my first "For Sale" pattern this month. I'm a little excited about it. Feedback on pictures has been positive so far. My one fear is that everyone is going to jump ship when I start asking them to pay for patterns, since I've put them out for free for so long. But, it's time. I've sown and I will continue to sow, but it is also time to start reaping from my hard work. God has blessed and will continue to bless the work of my hands.

I still love Florida. The weather has been ridiculously wet this year. The Midwest would have fared quite well if the rain had gone more North. I am looking forward to it drying out a little and cooling down so I can open my house up and get some fresh air blowing through here. I only made it to the beach once this whole summer. It has rained every single weekend since June.

OH! My inlaws moved down here in June, too. Not sure if I told you or not. It's been nice having people we know here, but it's been an adjustment to try and remember that we aren't the only ones here. It's not just "us four and no more" anymore. lol

Ok. That's enough meandering and updating for today.Tah for now.

No comments: