Thursday, August 09, 2012

Rebel Post!!

The way Blogspot rearranges my pictures and just throws them in wherever it wants and won't let me move the first one.....AAHHHHH....Welcome to blog frustration!! So, I'm gonna be a rebel and leave them all where Blogspot threw them in and we'll just talk about them where they landed. It will be disjointed, out of order and (I'm sure) confusing from time to time, but just do your best to follow along. Remember, I'm a rebel today....

The first picture (the one that wouldn't move) is a diaper cover that I decided to put a little skull and crossbones on. I'm not one of those people that gets all hung up on "symbols". I think a skull and crossbones can be really cute on the right piece of apparel. I don't personally wear skulls and crossbones. I find that it's kind of hard to rock the "rebel" look as a chubby, short, super-conservative 40 year old woman who usually has yarn and hooks/needles in hand. BUT, my cousins little boy oozes adorable when he is wearing little skull and crossbone baby apparel. :-) Just oooozes!! Ever have a baby in your life that is so cute you almost can't stand it? LOL

Ok, next rebel picture is of my latest design. It's a dragonfly. I used Red Heart Super Saver in "Bonbon" to resemble "iridescence". After looking at him for a while, I wasn't sure if I should have made him in a solid color or not. I may still try him in solid.

Bug #2- Ladybug
Bug #3- Bumble Bee

I made another Ruffle Purse in Packer colors. I found this awesome pendant at Joann's. It was the perfect embellishment for this particular purse!

One of this week's "boredom busters" was a Kindle sock for my husband's Kindle Fire. I was concerned about the face getting scratched because he hauls it back and forth to church, etc. Rather than spending money on getting a cover, I knit him one. Because, frankly that fit my budget. :) Made with kitchen cotton.

This picture should have been first. It's the first thing I finished this week. It's a prayer shawl from a Leisure Arts knitted prayer shawl book. It only took a week, but I was never so happy to finish it.

Now, I'm working on a custom pillow order for someone. So my hands have been very, very busy crocheting 80 rows of 80 sc stitches....back and forth...back and forth. Rather mind numbing, but thankfully I don't have to watch my hands, so I can get in some Olympics while working on them.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Do you have a pattern to share for the diaper cover and skull and crossbones?
Becky