Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cotton Obsession

I have been on a dishcloth binge lately. To the point of forgetting things I have promised to people. *insert whoops face here* I don't know what my issue is, but I am obsessed with them. I just want to sit and knit with cotton. 



I think what did it to me was discovering "I Love This Cotton" yarn from Hobby Lobby. You want to talk about soft, silky cotton in a huge variety of colors? My dear, you have found such a one in this cotton. I started off with a chocolate brown, lime green, lavender, and teal. Then I ventured to try one of their sparkly cotton yarns (love it), and finally splurged on a pretty tan with flecks of color. As far as I'm concerned, I need to have one of every color. It is lovely for baby and face washcloths. 

This pattern is: Ballband Dishcloth, originally distributed by Pisgah Yarn & Dye Co (Peaches & Cream Cotton), which happens to no longer exist because it was bought out by Spinrite (Bernat) (Sugar & Cream Cotton). 

This one uses the chocolate brown ILTC with some left over mint green Cotton Tots I happened to have in my stash. Still using the Ballband Dishcloth Pattern.


This uses the tan with color flecks. I made the Hourglass Eyelet Pattern by Love2KnitDishcloths. It was a very nice repeating pattern. 


This is a terrible picture of the sparkle cotton. It is black and the sparkle thread has an iridescent thread that just doesn't photo very well. I chose a skull pattern because anything with stitch definition just got lost in the black. This one is called Halloween Skull Dishcloth by Michelle Dickson. This yarn has great 'scrub' to it. 

Last up are my animal dishcloths. 

Waving Frog Dishcloth by Melissa Bergland Burnham. This is actually lime green. Hate that yellow night-time lighting issue. 


Next is Butterfly Dishcloth by Emily Jagos done in teal.


Last up is Garden Swan Dishcloth by Melissa Bergland Burnham (If you can't tell, I really like her patterns) in lavender. 


The animal cloths were given with matching seed stitch cloths as a gift to a not-yet-born baby girl named Claire. ILTC is such a ridiculously soft cotton. I just can't get over it. 

So, anyway..those are most of my latest pieces. I have run out of I Love This Cotton and have moved on to my huge stash of Peaches N Cream. I'm hoping to make a dent in some of the cones. 

1 comment:

Stacie Lantrip said...

I love making dish and wash cloths, too! They are a great time passer. I give them as gifts to overnight guests! We had quite a few this year, so I am low on my stash! Thanks for the inspiration.