About Me

My Photo
I am 43. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Monday, February 17, 2014

School is over...Let's move on...

I have so much to be thankful for, but let me start with...SCHOOL IS DONE!!! I handed in my very last assignments yesterday for my Associates degree. Thank you, Jesus. 

For about two months I was going to continue on for my Bachelors...then Christmas break happened. The amount of effort it took for me to get myself back into the school groove after having a mere two week break was exhausting. It made me realize that I had been in school nonstop for 50 weeks, and I was tired. I had taken two weeks off in July to travel to Wisconsin for my daughter's high school graduation party, but other than that, it had just been go, go, go. 

So, since I am completely burnt out on school, I figure it is time for a break and moving on with my life. 

I have been busily working on projects. I thought I was going to have the time to fit some craft shows into my routine, but no that isn't going to work. I just don't have the time to work on the stock. I am much more focused on getting back into designing. 

I have one hat in the testing process, and I am working on an afghan pattern that I plan on pitching to a particular yarn company. I have been blessed by several other blogs that have requested to post my free patterns on their sites..and YES! I am so honored to be considered for your blog posts! I love it! Thank YOU! :) 

I feel like now is the time to work on increasing my online presence. Blogging on a regular basis, sharing new/fun patterns, and getting my website up to snuff. 

I'm so grateful for all your kind words over the years, and for the new friends I get the privilege of meeting on a daily basis through this wonderful medium of yarn. 

I hope you guys are ready, cuz this train is moving forward, and hopefully it's going to be a wild ride!

1 comment:

Jessie Johnson said...

Congrats on finishing school! That is amazing... and still on my todo list. It's so hard as an adult and a parent to get it done. You are inspirational. Truly. I look forward to all your new patterns and blog posts :)