About Me

My Photo
I am 44. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Lush Garden Bavarian Stitch Afghan Instructions!!

Hey all!

I finally got some instructions written out for you to be able to create your own Lush Garden Bavarian Stitch Afghan.

I did not include written instructions for the individual squares because they are based off one simple pattern. Since the pattern itself is very confusing to read, I opted to include the link to the YouTube video that I used to familiarize myself with the Bavarian Stitch pattern. 


This is the afghan completed (final size is 72" x 52"- the squares themselves are 12"x12"). All of the instructions are included for what I did to get my afghan to look like this, other than the Bavarian Stitch instructions.  I feel like I need to let you know that this is NOT a beginner project. If you are not a strong crocheter, you will become discouraged by this pattern. For your sanity, please just be aware of that, because I won't be able to guide you through learning this pattern step-by-step. 


If you have any questions about the pattern, you may contact me, however I won't be able to help you if you are a beginner that has chosen to attempt this project. 

Following are  few of the individual squares and the color combinations I went with. I wanted each square to remind me of something in or around a garden. 














2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Your afghan is absolutely STUNNING! I've never seen this pattern before. I appreciate your warning about this not being suitable for a beginner. I'm not new to crochet but I'm definitely not a 'strong' crocheter yet. If I were, I'd be all over this pattern.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful afghan and pattern. I follow you regularly and always appreciate your beautiful work.
Bobbie :)

Julie Wineman said...

Absolutely beautiful! A work of art!!!