Sunday, April 05, 2015

Making progress

Happy Easter!

In the last few days I have been knitting diaper soaker and adding rows to my new afghan.

The pink soaker comes from "The Expectant Knitter" by Marie Connolly. Lovely little pattern. I use Lion Brand Wool-Ease so they are easy care. I would love to make some in I Love This Cotton, because they would make terrific baby bloomers or shorts in the Summer.

I am working on a blue pair that I have to make for a size 8 boy who is autistic. I have had the hardest time finding a pattern already made. I was trying to modify a 1938 pattern to work for me, but lack of instruction caused me to get confused and very unhappy with it. I am thinking I may need to just wing this one following the principles that I do know about shaping soakers. Good luck to me. If you know of an already created pattern....please, let me know!

No comments: