.

Saturday, March 09, 2019

Behind the Scenes of a CAL


Every CAL is a new journey for me. It starts with a pile of yarn and my trusty notebook. From there I take my idea and, through hours of stitch study and recreation, turn it into an inspiration sampler blanket. This can take me anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. But, that is not where the journey ends. Once the pattern has been created to my satisfaction, I then have to make it again for the tutorial videos that accompany my CAL's. I break every part of the blanket down into easy to make sections and teach you how to do all of the stitches you may or may not be familiar with. I absolutely love making my tutorial videos. It allows me the opportunity to interact with, and spend time with you.

I don't have a fancy set up in my office/studio. It's very simple. I have a small table my dad made for me out of repurposed cupboard doors, and I cover it with white so that it reflects as much light as possible. I use two photography lights that I purchased on Amazon. I have provided a link below for you for the set I have. They are very reasonably priced and well worth the small investment. I have an older tripod that holds my iPhone. I really need to upgrade that, but for right now it is what I have to work with. 


Why do I show you all of this? So you can know that you don't have to have fancy or expensive things to put out quality. You can start where you are, with what you have, and create. The rest will come.

I will spend the next few weeks in the evenings recording the videos for the CAL. I like to try and make sure I have them all done and edited before the CAL starts so that I can spend my time chit-chatting with everyone in the CAL Group on Facebook and doing the fun things like setting up giveaways. I hope you will join us if you haven't already. You can find the information for the CAL here, and the Facebook group here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...