.

Saturday, March 09, 2019

Shopping in Hobby Lobby

I needed to buy some yarn to be able to work on the tutorial videos for the Grimm's Tales CAL coming up in a few weeks. You can find out more about that here.  I had set a budget for myself, but I didn't spend it all because I discovered that Hobby Lobby had all their yarn on sale for 30% off! I thought I should be able to buy more yarn, Tony didn't agree. Watch the discussion below...


In the end, I didn't win about the yarn, but I'm pretty sure I won the battle. I went over to the other side of the store and bought "storage" for my yarn, which he didn't seem to have a problem with as long as it wasn't more yarn. This turned out to be an awesome haul due to Hobby Lobby having all of their "Spring" collection on sale for 40% off!! Here's this week's ad. I took advantage of it and bought some legit storage and some pretty storage. I also treated myself to some unnecessary decorations. Pretty sure if there's a win category...I'm in it. Haha!




I bought myself an enormous teacup planter to use as storage for my "cute" yarn. I also found a really cute, plain white ribbed planter with jute handles that told me it needed to come home with me. So, that is being used for cute yarn storage as well. I also got myself some new salt and pepper shakers. I'm obsessed with campers right now, so these are a perfect fit.



 These are the legit storage baskets I bought myself. They are the perfect size to fit my shelves AND they are super sturdy. I think I spent $5 each on them. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I spent more than roughly $5 on any of the items I brought home with me. I did buy four baskets to start out with. The other colors are navy blue and black. They are currently on the other shelves in my office. 

The last picture is of the "unnecessary" pom-pom art I purchased to hang in my window. I'm not sure it was truly unnecessary, because it makes me happy and brings light to my room.

Oh well, I guess there isn't really a moral to this story other than he should have let me buy the yarn. It would have cost him less! LOL

If you don't already, come join me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...