.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Wedding Gifts

FINALLY, I am done with the wedding gifts for Matt and Lisa!! He works for the Forestry Department and their house is all woodsy/animals/earthy...so I made them an afghan done in tree colors. lol. I got about 30 squares into my original 48 squares and thought I was going to lose my mind. So I decided to quit and jerry-rig a border. Well it turned out pretty cool looking. The border is done to look like fall leaves. **I will post the pattern for it tomorrow**.

Then I figured a fall leaf blanket needed a fall leaf pillow. So I made one from Patons Merino Wool and felted it. **Pattern posted tomorrow too!**

Then I rounded it out by making some pot holders and some dishcloths. Mom contributed by embroidering a set of kitchen towels with wildlife pictures...deer, bear, moose...etc. She did a great job. This is all coming from our two families, so it worked out really nice!
I hope they like it all. I know some of the colors are outrageous...but their house needs a burst of color!
Let me know what you think!
TTFN
bizzer




1 comment:

  1. They're all wonderful! You did such great work. I'm sure your friends will be so happy to have something makes especially for them by you!

    ReplyDelete

Crafting Memories: Section 5 of the Memories Blanket CAL

     Crafting Memories: Section 5 of the Memories Blanket CAL Oh my gosh!! It's the last week of the Memories CAL already!! I can't ...