.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Socks

Ok be very proud of me...I have started a new pair of socks for my boy. He wore a hole in his favorite pair of wool ones he wears around the house. So I went to the LYS yesterday and hemmed and hawed for about 15 minutes trying to find the least girlie colored ball of yarn in their selection without it being a solid color. Found a lovely one. Basic Red Heart "Heart & Sole" in Toasted Almond. The predominant colors are dark brown, tan, navy, and purpley mauve color. Thankfully the purpley color doesn't overwhelm, so I am very happy with the progress so far. Couldn't find my metal #2's...had to use Bamboo #2's. Hate them..just putting that out there. Was able to get up to the heel flap last night. He likes a short cuff, so it makes it easy to get socks done for him quickly. lol
Hopefully this is the start of me coming out of my crafting funk.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower, but I just had to tell you that I hate bamboo sock needles too. My best girlfriend and I both agree that we'd much rather use our aluminum sticks!

    ReplyDelete

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...