About Me

My photo
I am 45. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. In 2015 we added another beautiful young adult to our house, our niece, and she has been a great joy! Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Socks

Ok be very proud of me...I have started a new pair of socks for my boy. He wore a hole in his favorite pair of wool ones he wears around the house. So I went to the LYS yesterday and hemmed and hawed for about 15 minutes trying to find the least girlie colored ball of yarn in their selection without it being a solid color. Found a lovely one. Basic Red Heart "Heart & Sole" in Toasted Almond. The predominant colors are dark brown, tan, navy, and purpley mauve color. Thankfully the purpley color doesn't overwhelm, so I am very happy with the progress so far. Couldn't find my metal #2's...had to use Bamboo #2's. Hate them..just putting that out there. Was able to get up to the heel flap last night. He likes a short cuff, so it makes it easy to get socks done for him quickly. lol
Hopefully this is the start of me coming out of my crafting funk.

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

I'm a new follower, but I just had to tell you that I hate bamboo sock needles too. My best girlfriend and I both agree that we'd much rather use our aluminum sticks!