.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Elves - Knitted Baby Blanket - In Production

Well, "Elves" - The Knitted Baby Blanket is well underway. I had some pattern issues that threw me back a little. The kind of issues that make you suddenly look at your newest toy and want to chuck it across the room. I knitted back 3 or 4 rows at least 2 times. It just was not coming out the way I had envisioned it, so I scrapped the part that wasn't fitting in. And here we have the "final"-ish results. It is, of course, still in the works, but I am happy with the way that it is coming along.

Here is a very washed out close-up of the center part of the afghan. I don't remember the name of the stitch. But it goes like this: yo, sl next st, k3, psso. I really like doing it and I like the way it looks. It has sort of a lattice feeling to it...in a round about sort of way.


Here is the border. There are a total of 4 leaves going up and 4 leaves on each side of the border. I still haven't figured what, if anything, I will do to finish it. I'm sort of eyeing up the I-Cord border that I've seen on some other works. We'll see.


Believe it or not, this is done in Dark Sage. My camera totally washed things out. BUT, at least I can take pictures.....the alternative is much worse! lol

1 comment:

  1. it's beautiful! i love love love that leaf pattern on the border! i've been working on adult sweater and i'm SO OVER "large" knitted items. i'd be undone having to do a blanket right now!!! this is why i like teeny tiny baby things. loL

    ReplyDelete

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...