.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Catherine's Wheel Afghan

I just had to share my latest obsession with you. It's called Catherine's Wheel Square or Wool-Eater Stitch or Bavarian Stitch. I learned it by watching Crochet Geek's YouTube Tutorial. She did a fabulous job at teaching the stitch. 

The video is only 26 minutes long, so it's a short, but worthy investment!


I highly recommend that you learn the stitch. It lives up to its name and becomes a bit of a wool eater when you get about 20" wide. I finished my lap afghan at 36"x36" and it was taking about a 1/2 skein of yarn to finish one color strip. I adore this pattern and I will be making many more. I'm thinking about trying it without the square accent and see how that turns out. :) Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...