.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Palin Yarn Updates...

Remember this post?

Well, here is the first pair of socks from the Alaska Rose yarn in honor of Sarah Palin from Castle Fibers. These belong to my grandmother. Doesn't she have cute feet??

She ooohed and aaahhhed about how soft and comfy they were.


Here's the wierd part. Even after making that entire pair....I still have this much yarn left in the first skein!!! I can get another sock out of that!!


So I started this pair for my mom. I've never made lace before, but it's not much different from cotton dishcloths with lacy patterns. It's really quite simple. Also I didn't have any size 2 straight needles, so my dpn's are pulling double duty. This picture shows the first 9 rows of lace.

Yeah, 9rows of pattern gave me approximately one inch of fabric. This is going to be a slow sock.


tah for now!
biz

1 comment:

  1. Hi Biz, Thanks for the compliment on my afghan--came over to see yours--but I did see some great socks--love the color.

    ReplyDelete

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...