.

Monday, August 10, 2009

August Update

Life has been so hectic for us. Lots and lots of traveling in July. We went to Youth Invasion in Midland July 28-Aug 1. It was great and life-changing and, well, completely awesome!

I've been a little crafty lately. I haven't had a lot of time to sit and work on things. I have a sock started...about 1/2 way done. I've rounded the heel and I'm in the foot at least. And I've been working on a few charity things, but nothing huge. Some baby hats and I've started another scrap afghan.

Finally, here is a picture of the completed Mitered Corners afghan from Mason-Dixon Knitting. This was made with Vanna's Choice Baby yarn. Now its a sample in my store.


Here we have "Toby's Hats" :) He is my newest cousin. He was born a few months premature and I found a pattern for baby hats (though for the life of me, I can't remember which one I used) through Knitting Pattern Central that gave me such a variety of sizes to choose from that I became quite confused and befuddled. But, I got through it and made these cute little hats in an evening. These, too, are made from Vanna's Choice Baby yarn (except for the white one).


We have had almost no heat this summer at all. My garden has suffered. It's been so cold and rainy that things haven't grown the way they should and some of it is just rotting where it sits because it's too wet. My potatoes and peppers are going great, though. My tomatoes are starting to perk up. I fear for my cabbages, zukes and cukes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...