.

Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Love Language Scarf Pattern

Love Language Scarf was featured in the November 2021 issue of 

Happily Hooked Magazine! Get your issue here!

 


The Love Language scarf pattern was born from the burning desire to try out a new, super budget-friendly yarn I found at Hobby Lobby! The pattern is available on my website, Ravelry, and Etsy


The yarn is by Yarn Bee, it's called Rainbow Wrapsody, and I used the Wild & Free colorway. It's 918yds and $8.99/cake (unless it's on sale, then it's $6 something!!). 


When I found it I just knew I had to try it and compare it to a Whirl from Scheepjes and a Twister from Hobbii. Here you can view the yarn review I did as a LIVE on Facebook last Sunday

I don't know what I was expecting when I started, but I didn't expect it to be as nice as it is. It is soft, lovely, and has a nice drape. The color changes are subtle and very well hidden in the yarn. There are no big knots to deal with. Plus, it came out of the cake as a center pull like a dream. I only got some knots towards the end of the cake because I allowed it to collapse in on itself and it tangled. Otherwise, it was a really nice cake of yarn to work with. 

If there is a downfall to this yarn, I would say that it is shorter in length than Twister and Whirl by almost 100 yds. But, two skeins would make a lovely shawl and you still wouldn't spend as much as one single cake of Twister or Whirl. It is only available in 10 colors right now. But, of the colors they have, many of them are in line with the most popular colors put out by the other two brands. And I really believe that they will continue to add to the palette. At least I hope they do! 

Keep your fingers crossed that Hobby Lobby sees the value of keeping and expanding this yarn line. It is a most economical alternative to the more expensive cakes from Scheepjes and Hobbii. If you prefer the others, then definitely shop where it makes you happy, but I have to watch my pennies and I'm super grateful for budget-friendly yarns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...