.

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Behind the Scenes- Getting Ready to Make a Video



I've been talking about starting a new video series for a few weeks now, but the space that I was planning to make my videos in was a complete disaster. So, I thought since I had to clean it anyway, I would give you a look into the mess Bizzy makes. Don't judge me too hard!


Have you ever had a room in your house that you dedicated to something special, like an office or workout room? And things were going along well for a while, then you had someone come visit or Christmas happened, or SOMETHING caused you to have to use the room to store some boxes "just for a little while." You keep telling yourself, "As soon as this [whatever] ends I'm going to finish the room, or it's going to go back to being used for what it was intended.' Except, the next [whatever] happens and those boxes just never leave the room.

Well, when we moved into a new rental a year ago I started off by sharing some videos on Facebook and stuff about my new office space and how excited I was about it. Shelves were going up and storage baskets were bought...things were going great. But, then we needed to use it to store some boxes. haha.  The four videos below are the four I posted on FB last year. They are all just a few seconds each. 






I never went past the fourth video because it all went to poo after that.  It's been this back and forth between sort of cleaned up and a full-on disaster for the last year.

I am in the middle of a new business course that is whipping my apathetic butt into shape. One of the things I am learning is how to "suck it up, buttercup, and start being the owner of what you do."  No one else is going to do this for me. No one else is going to make the decisions of what to keep and what to throw and where all the junk has to go. My husband refuses to touch any of my craft stuff. So, if it is to be, it's up to me (I think I read that on a 70's poster once). Let me just show you where I started. 


So, this picture is shown earlier in the post, but I wanted to explain it. This is from the door, basically. The desk that I keep my computer on is to the right. It is L-shaped, which for me just means extra space to throw junk instead of putting it away. You can see the L is full. There's a worse shot of it later. But, see all the boxes on the other side of the desk by the yarn I can't reach? That's all there from Christmas. 


The angle is still from the door side. This shows the rest of the mess on the other side of the desk, as well as the white table that I use as my video recording station. Hard to do videos with all of that stuff on it. Ironically, or...not?- more stuff from Christmas. 


During the cleaning process, Bertha (mannequin) got moved from one side of the room to the other. There you see the room from over by the yarn looking toward the door. All that junk is stuff I have to scoot past to get in the office. And my bookshelves are a mess!!


A different angle of the messy video table. 


Here's the other angle of my desk before clean-up started. I'm a bit of a hoarder and it's hard for me to get rid of things because I become emotionally involved with everything. It's hard, I get it from my Dad. But, I have this wonderful husband who helps me make decisions and look at things unemotionally. Which is completely ironic, since he pitched a fit when I threw his nasty 20-year-old pillow out back in the 90's, and he has a hard time throwing out old shoes...like, what?? But, he's great at being unemotional about my stuff. Go figure. 


Alright, the last BEFORE picture shows you the space between the desk and the shelves. Not useful because it's stuffed with boxes and I can't get to the shelves.

Now, for the AFTER pictures. 






Is EVERYTHING put away? No. Does everything have a place? Mostly. Haha. I feel a ton better in this space. I can move. I can use my desk. My shelves are more organized and I feel like I can be creative here. Hard work gives a great deal of satisfaction when it's done. It sort of sucks while you're in it, but this is life, right? You have to work for what you want. 

So, Monday morning I decided to take a new headshot and record my 30-second intro to the new videos. I had to do my hair and makeup. I haven't done my hair and makeup for anything in so long I literally couldn't remember what to do at first. I did the best I could, and my face itched the entire time. I need to find some makeup that's less itchy. I took about 25 pictures before I landed on one I could be happy with (I hate taking selfies). I discovered a few tricks to help stretch the chub on my double chin out. lol



I am hard at work getting the first video up for the new series. My plans are to put out a new video each month. It takes quite a bit for me to do all the things, so once a month is the plan right now. Keep me in your prayers! I can use them!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...