.

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

10 Patterns for the First Day of Summer


The first day of Summer, according to the calendar, is next week! It's been "summer" in Florida for a few months already, but who's counting? This list was initially inspired by freeze pop covers and reusable water balloons. If you haven't noticed, I have been on a "cover" pattern binge lately, and while I was looking up some patterns for freeze pop covers that I could make as a gift I ran across these. With the kids all getting out of school and summer really getting into full swing, I thought a few of these patterns might make it a little more fun. This is by no means a comprehensive list of what is available on the interwebs, but these are the ones that made me smile. 

10 Easy Crochet Patterns for the Hot Days of Summer

1. This coverup top is so cute and trendy. It would be cute thrown over a swimsuit or a pair of shorts AND it's available in 5 sizes. :)

Enjoy Summer Top. Crochet pattern – ByKaterina (by-katerina.com)


2. This is the first of two bags in the list. I would use either one at the beach. This one is great because of the drawstring to carry your sunglasses and keys in case your stuff falls over. Or it could be your project bag? 

Summer Slice Drawstring Bag – Clover Needlecraft (clover-usa.com)

3. This is the second bag. This would be great for carrying the towels and sunscreen and the snacks. 

Beach Please Summer Tote - Free Crochet Pattern Loops & Love Crochet (loopsandlovecrochet.com)


4.  I used to wear tops like this in the 70's and I remember loving them. They cover up what's important but leave lots of space for a breeze. And with it being available in so many sizes- you can't lose. 

Ravelry: Child swing top pattern by Kristin's Creations

Available in sizes from 3 years to 12 years.


5. I also remember hauling around freeze pops when I was a kid and we always froze our fingers off. There are SO MANY cute ideas out there for freeze pop covers, but I'm sharing my two favorites here. 

MERMAID TAIL POPSICLE HOLDER CROCHET PATTERN - Ariana Hall (ariana-hall.com)


6. My kids would have been all over these when they were little. These would be fun to make for a birthday party or any kind of children's event.

Freeze Pop Holder - Free Crochet Pattern • Green Fox Farms Designs


7. These are the most ingenious little things. The people that I see making these for markets swear by them. I have never made them because I don't have little kids anymore. But, I'm pretty sure if I did I would be making these! 

Crochet Water Balloons - A Free Crochet Pattern - Left in Knots


8. Let's talk about our Summer tables. I was looking for some coaster patterns and ran across these placemats. What a great idea! This is just so fun and just screams Summer. You could use these for a girl's night, make them as a hen party gift, or just for fun on the table at your summer cottage. Really, these will be great anywhere you want that splash of beach summerness.

Crochet Flip Flop Placemats - Not a free pattern.


9. These are great for parties where you need to keep everyone's wine glasses separate. Another fun addition to a party!



10. Last, but not least, let's not forget about taking casseroles and dishes to our Summer parties! This is a great idea. I would finish this off with row of sc on the ends and some slip stitch rows along the handle to keep it from stretching out. 

 Lily Sugar'n Cream Casserole Carrier to Crochet | Yarnspirations


I hope today's list has given you some good ideas to welcome the first day of Summer!


Happy Crocheting!

Biz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...